So I've released Fedora Utils 1.7.5 which comes with a couple of handy tools and features to get you started with few clicks. While Fedora Utils is not that great, the thing which make it stand out in the crowd is autoupdate, ability to do things in batch, save downloaded files etc. It was great fun developing it and making sure it is easier for you to use. If you don't know about Fedora Utils, it is because it is relatively much newer than other post install scripts.
- Add current user to sudoers
- Enable autologin for current user
- Set yum to keep cache
- Install yum tidy-cache plugin
- Add repositories - RPMFusion, Google, Adobe, Chromium, Skype
- Enable touchpad clicks
- Install multimedia codecs
- Install Adobe Flash
- Install Java Runtime Environment
- Install wine with gecko
- Install Google Talk plugin
- Add colors and fortune messages to Terminal
- Set SELinux in permissive mode
- Install Microsoft fonts
- Install Jockey driver installer (From Parsidora repo)
- Install essential software
- Fixes - Fix font smoothing, Fix bad theme in root apps, Fix rpmdb error, Fix gnome keyring, Fix picasa not starting, Fix anaconda causing revisor not to start, Fix MPlayer driver error, Fix ntfs-config not starting
- Install Gnome Shell Extensions - GPaste, Media Player, Weather, Alternate Status Menu, Dock Extension, Places Menu, User Theme, Window Navigator, Zeitgeist
- Install Software - Google Chrome, Picasa, Google Earth, HandBrake, Skype, WinFF, Unico Theme Engine
- Clean up system
- Optimize boot by turning off unnecessary services
- Show system info
I have also made it easier to use. Just download the script from here, make it executable, and either run it from terminal or double click it.
You can also install the RPM Package in your system and then launch Fedora Utils from the menu.
su -c "yum localinstall http://fedorautils.sourceforge.net/fedorautils-latest.noarch.rpm"
The latest version also has a "View Help" section which helps you in few things like adding/removing the repo, installing/uninstalling Fedora Utils, view changelog and the FAQ easily.
The full changelog can be found here.
And finally, please spread the word to get others know about this useful script.